music --- news --- culture --- debate

Thursday, June 23, 2011

What Has-Been Concert Would You See?

There must be a huge market for people who haven't made new music in 30 years or so. I just got a concert listing from Live Nation and I can't believe the people who are (still) touring. John Parr? How about a double-bill of Yes and Styx? Def Leppard with Heart? Or this three-for-one: Motley Crue, Poison and the New York Dolls? And it's not just bands from the 80s... Sublime is still touring, despite the fact that their lead singer died years ago. And who wouldn't want to miss the Goo Goo Dolls with Michelle Branch? They were lousy the first time around.

I mean, I get the fact that these people need to make money, and I'm guilty of seeing a few has-been concerts in my day (Happy Mondays, anyone? Gary Numan?) But the only has-been act on today's list that I'd even consider seeing is The English Beat. There's a great band.

On a related note, the Song in My Head today is "Never You Done That" by General Public. Still, I doubt I'd pay $40 to go see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment