music --- news --- culture --- debate

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Which One is Not Like the Others?

I've been thinking - and blogging - a lot about Kaiser Chiefs and Bloc Party lately, and I was trying to remember some of the other British bands that came along at roughly the same time. Franz Ferdinand is an obvious one, although they broke big here in the states in 2004, one year before Kaiser Chiefs and Block Party.


Later that year, a rather poorly named Scottish band joined them on the U.S. airwaves, and unlike the other three bands, they've largely been forgotten. Dogs Die in Hot Cars had one real hit - "I Love You 'Cause I Have To" - which peaked at #32 on the UK Singles Chart. They never found chart success in this country, although they were mainstays on radio stations like LA's KROQ for a few months. I bought the CD anyway. It had a few moments, but overall was mediocre.

No comments:

Post a Comment