music --- news --- culture --- debate

Friday, September 21, 2012

Song In My Head



Today it's "The Metro" by Berlin -- I can't get this synth-pop gem out of my head today for some reason. I'm not sure when I first heard this track -- I'm sure I was pretty young -- but I remember instantly liking it. And the video as well. And despite the worldwide success of Berlin's "Take My Breath Away", it's this song that remains Berlin's signature achievement in my mind. And if that statement sounds funny -- and I'll admit, it does -- don't take it from me: Take it from John Frusciante and System of a Down.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked the faint "sorry" you can hear Terri Nunn sing in the background. Yes, I know the name of the lead singer.

    I will be back with a vengeance!

    ReplyDelete