music --- news --- culture --- debate

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Queen is Dead - Long Live the Queen

Funny, this topic was heavily under debate after last night's Grammy awards. The battle pits the reigning female of pop royalty, Madonna against the challenger, Lady Gaga. Gaga's new song, Born This Way appears to be a sound alike to Madonna's Express Yourself. It was only a matter of time before these two would start to spar. I'll let you be the judge:

Truthfully, does this battle really matter anyway?

When thinking off of the top of my head, the two most obvious ones are the ones that went to court: The Chiffons, She's So Fine & George Harrison's My Sweet Lord, and Ray Parker Jr.'s Ghostbusters & Huey Lewis' I Want a New Drug. Both lost, so I offer these three. You be the judge.


Imagine by John Lennon vs. Don't Look Back In Anger by Oasis (Listen to the Intros!)

Lust for Life by Iggy Pop vs. Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet

American Girl by Tom Petty vs. Last Night by The Strokes.

1 comment: