music --- news --- culture --- debate

Monday, October 7, 2013

I too have seen the Future of Rock & Roll...and she's 80 years old!

To quote David Letterman, "It's fun when you leave the theater humming the music from the show." 

That's what you get when Yoko Ono reforms the Plastic Ono Band featuring her son Sean along with the Flaming Lips for a new album, Take Me to the Land of Hell

Here's the thing: I don't know if I love it or hate it! The groove is infectious.  it has a great bass line.  Yoko, which I must remind you, is 80 and rocking on stage like a grandma who still thinks she is hip, gives her trademark howls and screeches. That confuses me if she thinks she's an artist who is making a statement, or just realizes it's all a big joke.  I found this and watched it as for the expected craziness I expect out of her, and have now viewed it twice. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part might be Wayne Coyne sitting down with a megaphone.

    I think this is Yoko being Yoko. She's always been more a performance artist than a musician, no? So she can get up there and howl about stopping wars -- a noble mission no doubt -- but I don't think there would be much of an audience for it were it not John Lennon's widow.

    ReplyDelete