music --- news --- culture --- debate

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Greatest Albums of All Time - Still in Rotation

A few months back, Facebook was awash with everyone's ten greatest albums of all time. The catch was the records had to STILL be in regular rotation, even if only once in a while. I had such a good time doing this exercise that I am posting my list here, on The Discordants. 
Day 1 of 10 in no particular order: 10 of my all-time favorite albums (do the kids still say "albums"?) that are still in my regular rotation, even if only now and again. John Cari thanks for nominating me. I have a lot more than ten that I can think of, but I'll give it a go. (And I think I'll spare others the nominating process, but encourage anyone who wants to weigh in with their selections.)
I'm starting off with the album that I've listened to night after night on my basement turntable lately, 1986's "Big Shot Chronicles" by Game Theory. Schizophrenic power pop, at times aggressive, at times awkward. Clever chord structures, intelligent lyrics and great production from Mitch Easter. An underrated gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment