music --- news --- culture --- debate

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Step up to the plate - the double header

To follow up on the baseball theme motif, I will give you four songs, but each varies depending on the type of player I am.

"The Electrifying Player":
If I was a player who can electrify the crowd with a triple or stolen base, or a make a big play in the field, I think there is no better song to come to up to bat with then when those horns go off - the crowd goes nuts!

"The Man"
 This song just screams, I'm one of the best players in the league and I'm going downtown!
"The Fireballer"
Not enough is made of the music when your closer comes out to finish off the opposition.  Mariano Rivera's "Enter Sandman" is a solid example, but I'm coming out with this.  Makes me look a little wild, and maybe a little literate.
"The Junkballer"
If my job was to come out in relief to mop up a game that got out of hand, I come out to this one.  Makes me seem a little off.

1 comment:

  1. Good picks. I think the drum break with the yelps in "Funk #49" (starting around 1:30) would be the key time to make your entrance in mop-up duty.

    ReplyDelete