music --- news --- culture --- debate

Monday, April 11, 2011

Idol Chatter

What would you say if you were face-to-face with one of your idols? Here's a great post by a fan of The Fall, who travels 12,000 miles to see the band and then finds the band two tables down from him at a pub. He's forced to say something to Mark E. Smith but he struggles before finding his footing. It's a good read for any music fan.

For the record, I have met idols on at least two occasions that I can remember. I went up to Chuck D after a lecture at Lehigh University back in the day and asked him about stupid political stuff like affirmative action. More recently, I got a chance to meet Thierry Henry, and thanked him for staying on an extra year at Arsenal. As a Gunners fan, I truly appreciated it, and he seemed touched that I told him so.

Who are your idols, and what would you say to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment