music --- news --- culture --- debate

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Song In My Head

I heard this the other day in The Sports Authority, of all places. I don't have a fancy iPod app that identifies songs out of thin air, but I thought it was something off the new Strokes album. When I got home and did the research, it didn't take long to figure out. It's "11th Dimension" off Julian Casablancas' solo album from a couple of years ago. I pretty much ignored the album when it came out, but clearly I wasn't giving Mr Casablancas the credit he certainly deserves -- this song rocks the most genuine early-80s vibe I've heard in a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, ther real question is - what were you doing in a Sports Authority?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly? Killing time before Ikea opened. We needed a shelf for Alex and a toy organizer thing for the basement.

    ReplyDelete