music --- news --- culture --- debate

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hammer Time in San Francisco

It's been 22 years since M.C. Hammer hit it big with "U Can't Touch This" and now he's back... kind of. He stars in a creative political ad for San Francisco's interim mayor Ed Lee, who's trying to get elected in his own right. There's lots of other Bay Area luminaries in the video -- like Giants closer Brian Wilson, will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas and NFL Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott. And there's some great lyrics. If I lived in San Francisco, I'd have to seriously consider voting for Ed Lee based on this ad alone.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this. My only issue is the "Fear the mustache." I know the SF Giants pitcher Brian Wilson has the "Fear the Beard" slogan, but San Fransiscoians couldn't come up with something more original?

    ReplyDelete