music --- news --- culture --- debate

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Video Vault - 1972

When I was a kid this was one of the songs I remember from my childhood.  My parents had one of those gigantic stereo/furniture pieces in our living room.  My mom always loved music and one of the records she use to play was Seals & Crofts' "Summer Breeze."  I still remember the water color album cover with the one guy (not sure if it was Seals or Crofts) with the beard and the hat.  I use to run around the house while "hummingbird" played.  I was usually exhausted afterwards, and would mellow out to the title track. 

It had a bit of a resurgence with Jason Mraz and Peter, Bjorn, & John covering it.  Even basketball star Wayman Tisdale covered it - probably because it's a great song .

No comments:

Post a Comment