music --- news --- culture --- debate

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Video Vault - 1974

If I were to build a Mt. Rushmore of Canadian musicians, I would have to pick Neil Young, Rush & Gordon Lightfoot (sorry Bryan Adams, Triumph, April Wine, etc.)  Gordon Lightfoot is a cool dude.  In college, I bought a used copy of Gord's Gold in a dollar bin.  After going away one weekend, someone stole my copy.  The secret society of Gord fans exists!  I think I saw him perform in Colorado, but I'm not really sure.  he looked like him, and sang his songs, but I walked in late and randomly sat at the bar.  In Aspen, many people look like Gord. 
To me, "Sundown" is a classic 70's song.  Smooth guitar, and great lyrics that really fit the era: "I can see her lookin' fast in her faded jeans/She's a hard lovin' woman, got me feelin' mean."  Good stuff Gord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment